View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie93 View Post
Hello, I had a few questions about my current situation. I was academically disqualified from a UC during my freshman year, and I was in a Panhellenic Sorority. Since then, I have been able to raise my GPA at a community college, and I am planning to transfer to a California State University. My question is, are there rules against joining another sorority? What is the proper way to join another (different) sorority? If I was disqualified from the school, does that mean I was essentially kicked out of my sorority as well? I was really overwhelmed my freshman year, and I am not very familiar with the regulations. Any feedback is welcomed. Thank you in advance!
Assuming you were initiated before you left school you cannot join any other NPC sorority. After you left school you may have been changed from "active collegiate" to "alumnae" status.

Before your school "disqualified" you did your chapter have any talks with you about your GPA? Were you on academic probation with the chapter? That could impact what your current status may be with your sorority. You should email your National HQ to ask about your current status. If you owed any money to your chapter when you left school that could impact things too.

If your new school has a chapter of your sorority and you are in good financial standing you may be able to request reinstatement of your active collegiate status. This process varies between NPC groups but in general you'd get to know the chapter, they would take a vote, then you'd become a regular member again. If you do that you'd owe chapter dues, etc but also be able to attend social events, and must attend required events. You'd have all the same responsibilities of any other chapter member until you left school or graduated.