View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

MC, I don't know where you live & it doesn't matter. I DO have a practical application, I think, that might make it visually "concrete". Got any steep hills anywhere that have those grade signs ("5% grade" with the wedge shaped piece to indicate the pitch of the road)? I was so excited to learn that I could apply algebra to figure out what exactly that meant.

At least, I think it was an algebra problem. It could not possibly be geometry, I have permanently deleted any geometry from my hard drive (brain). If it is geometry, I am going to be so disappointed. It can't be. You had to plot points on a line to figure it out.

I keep thinking "make it visual, make it visual". It's incredibly helpful when people with Asperger's can actually SEE what the rest of us are talking about. As I remind people constantly, "the speech stream is transitory and invisible. You can't see spoken words." The instant that things are put into a visual mode, watch the lights go on!

BTW I've sent out an SOS to my SLP friends to see if they have any useful resources for you. If I get any responses, I'll PM you. It may take a few days to hear from people; we're all crazy busy right now.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity