Turquoise
Sunset
Desert Breeze
Palm Trees
Wild Wild West
Route 66
Wildflowers
Roadrunner

DD3 finally brought up the things that had been said to her to her Rho Chi and the PX brushed her off almost completely by saying “Zona is a very laid back school when it comes to rush so the PNMs are really the ones choosing the chapters! Don’t worry! It’s so good that some of the top houses like you! Some girls would kill to be in your place!”. Then the PX made sure to keep DD3 always in the loop of the sororities.

Scorpion:
DD3 didn’t feel a huge connection with their philanthropy but kept listening and started to really feel uncomfortable around them. The ladies of scorpion CONTINUED to make bid promises to DD3 and kept telling her that they’d see her during set 3 AND to choose a badge and pledge pin and choose a room in the house. DD3 thought that they obviously didn’t care about fines and wanted certain girls only.

Turquoise:
DD3 was told all about one of their famous sisters but wasn’t told anything about any of the sisters who didn’t become famous but are out succeeding in their various fields. DD3 was furious “I cancelled the tv subscription because I’m sick of seeing this woman everywhere! It’s ridiculous, I’m trying to learn about their philanthropy and I don’t care about this particular alumna at all.”

Sunset:
DD3 loved their philanthropy and loved her conversations with them. She also enjoyed how their philanthropy is slightly similar to the Wildflowers and how they seemed like a group of girls who look out for each other and protect the younger sunsets. Her PX said that the sunset girls had a reputation of being innocent and that they “didn’t go out much because they’re good girls.”

Wildflowers:
“Their philanthropy means the entire world to me.” was DD3’s response to my questions. The Wildflowers had done it again and had managed to capture DD3’s heart and soul. She did say that the Wildflowers are a close knit group and that they do tend to stick to themselves and she really liked that every older Wildflower looked out for the younger Wildflowers. The Wildflowers were a lot like Sunset and she also liked that they’re close on a historical and national standpoint.

Route 66:
DD3 liked them but she decided that she couldn’t see herself ever becoming a sister of Route 66. Their philanthropy interested her and she liked the religious vibes but she didn’t see herself ever really fitting into their sisterhood and she left feeling tired.

Palm Trees:
Loved them and thought that they were amazing but she didn’t feel as much of a deep connection with them. She again emphasised that it was a “her” thing and that the girls were great people.

Wild Wild West:
The same feelings that she had for Palm Trees arose and she didn’t see herself as a Wild Wild West sister. While the ladies of Wild Wild West were trying their darnedest and putting on a great rush, DD3 only had 2 houses on her mind and she took down the names of girls to make friends with after rush ended.

Desert Breeze:
Loved them but she had some reservations because she’d heard of a few (confirmed) incidents that had happened involving the new members of the 2017 member class, DD3 put away her judgment book and had open minded conversations with the sisters that she talked to.

Roadrunner:
DD3 didn’t like this house for some reason, she liked the girls and the sorority’s values but she wasn’t feeling those “this is it” vibes. DD3 did say that she took down the names of the girls to make friends later once she’d finished up with rush.

DD3 mentioned that a girl in her group was cut released from rush due to saying horrible things about the houses. DD3 said “I think that it’s horrible to go into a home where unsuspecting women have welcomed you with open arms and come out and say horrible things about them. It says a lot about your character and only reflects badly on you. It’s a shameful thing to do to anybody.”

Later that day, DD3 got a message over snapchat of a signed bid card with HER name on it from the scorpions and the scorpion girls yelling “we love you, DD3!!!!!!!!!”

Questions from grandma for this set:

1: What do you think of this philanthropy? Are you completely at ease spending potentially hundreds of hours over a lifetime raising funds for them? Are you comfortable doing in person volunteer work for them?

2: You’ve had more in-depth conversations with the sisters and gotten to know them now, are they diverse? Do you see sisters of different colors? Do sisters have different majors? Are these the type of women who will keep you sheltered or help you to learn the ways of the world?

3: Are these the type of women that you feel at ease with? Obviously you’re going to be going out, mixing with fraternities, and drinking, are these the type of women that will make sure that you’re okay? Would you feel comfortable going to a fraternity party with a group of these sisters? How do the older girls interact with the younger girls?