Thread: Dresses...
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2001, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Brides are breaking rules and making their own, and I was no exception. It took me the longest time to find shoes for my bridesmaids. When I finally found a pair, they didn't fit my maid of honor well at all. So, I told her since she was the MOH and her dress was like the bridesmaids, her shoes could be different. She picked a silver-like shoe while my bridesmaids wore clear slipper-like shoes. My colors were green and silver so it worked out.

However, I could have told them to just pick any clear shoe they liked because it wasn't even that noticeable. As a matter of fact, one of my junior bridesmaids (my 16 yr. old cousin going on 46) did wear a totally different clear shoe. I noticed before the wedding, but it wasn't even important because it still looked good with the dress.

If you want to give them choices, at least make sure the fabric and color(s) match. I don't know if it will entice them to become more active in your wedding, but at least they may feel as though they have control over the dress they will be wearing. Good luck.