View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

The third day was crushing. I was only invited back to one house, and it wasn't Melbourne. Sydney, the house I had attempted to drop for several rounds, was the only one who wanted me. I wanted to drop then and there, but my pi chis convinced me to stay. It was absolute torture. My time to visit Sydney was the fifth round of the day, and I was stuck in the building we were using to meet our pi chi groups in for the rest of the day. I sat there for hours, and as people were streaming in and out they kept giving me looks. I was that girl, the one who wasn't good enough to be invited back by more than one sorority. I still went to the round, and while it was alright, it just wasn't the place for me. I knew that then, and I still know it now. I withdrew that day.

I didn't know why I was dropped, and I still don’t know. I didn't have recommendations, but they are very uncommon on my campus anyway. My grades were great, and I had a 3.6 my first semester at college. I made the dean’s list. I didn't sleep around, and neither did I gossip. I even like to think that I’m pretty. I’m not the perfect PNM, but I definitely thought that I would be fine. The rejection hurt. Every single one of my friends was extended a bid, and I was sitting alone in my room, bawling. It hurt, and it still does. I moved on, and I made some wonderful friends, especially in my boyfriend’s fraternity. I've made college mine, and it’s okay that I’m not in a sorority, even if every single female friend of mine is a sorority.