View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
It could be that the OP's relatives went to schools where recruitment is far less competitive than at SEC schools. Heck, my chapter bid a senior once - think that'd happen at an SEC school?

Anyway, to the OP: From what I know of SEC recruitment, I'd say your chances are between slim and none, and Slim just left town. You're a sophomore (strike one) and 23 (strike two). As soon as the sisters find out you have two little children (and they will), you're outta there.

As a 23-year-old, would you really feel comfortable answering to an executive board made up of 19/20/21 year olds? For example, during recruitment, the recruitment chair is basically God - she says jump, you say how high.

Also, pre-med is a pretty tough major which will require a lot of time and energy. Children also require a lot of time and energy, especially if you're a single mom. They should be your top priorities. Being in a sorority is also a big time commitment, with mandatory chapter meetings, mandatory new member meetings while you're a NM, mandatory attendance at all work week and recruitment events, etc.

There are plenty of other activities you can get involved with, but I'm afraid the sorority ship has sailed.

Lol.... picking apart one piece of this response for local LOLs..... was the senior you bid almost 18 years old? hahahahah Oh, MIT.

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06