View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
This is ultimately what it boils down to. He's trying to start arguments and get people riled up, and then he plays dumb and innocent when things blow up.
I work with lots of victims of domestic violence, and that right there is an abusive tactic called gaslighting. Pushing someone's buttons 'til they go ballistic, then convincing them that they are the nutball.

It's a tactic employed by narcicists and internet trolls--and it's not a tactic that they consciously employ, it comes natural to them. It is how they communicate with others.

But I also leave room for maybe there's a cultural issue, maybe there's a Spectrum issue. I try not to assume that everyone is awful and I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

It seems he probably communicates within a bubble. He says things which one would never say in diverse company. So again, I leave the door open to the possibility that he just doesn't have the skillset to communicate with folks from different backgrounds.

I have to give the benefit of the doubt because I remember who I was about 20 years ago. I'm sure some of y'all do too.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma