View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi sherbertlemons--

Let me answer some of your questions! Sorry we timed our debate badly!!

Quote:
Originally posted by sherbertlemons
Wptw, you described Tyoregon as atypical. How is he atypical, just out of curiosity?
I'll jump in here and say he's really on the radical end of the spectrum. wptw is right-on in his assessment.

Quote:
Just a general question- I've heard it said that we don't "own" our badges; we merely have a lifetime lease on them from the Fraternity. If that really is true, might it not class any badges sold by anyone other than people authorized by the Fraternity (meaning nobody) as stolen property?
It is true that our badge is considered Fraternity property, but the law simply doesn't recognize that--consider that possession is 9/10 of the law.

Quote:
To what extent is the KotK recognized by Fraternity Headquarters? My general impression is that it is something of a greassroots movement, but I was thinking if the Fraternity were willing to do so, running an article in the Key might be a great way to educate members about KotK.
Keepers of the Key is (as of yet) unrecognized by the Fraternity in an official capacity. We have had articles run on us in The Key--and we have a great deal of support internally!

Hope this helps...if you have more questions, you shouldn't hesitate to ask.