View Single Post
Old 12-10-2003, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sherbertlemons
Geez, I go to my final and I miss the good discussion in the Kappa forum. You people have bad timing.

Quote:
Originally posted by kappaloo
I don't think giving rewards would work right now. I've joked (JOKED... not serious) ... that I could pay my dues by selling my badge on e-bay.
I'm really not sure how long groups could afford to do that, either. If you consider the number of badges that pop up on E-bay, that could get to be a substantial amount of money.

Even then, why should what would amount to a flat amount of money entice the dealer, anyways?

And I've joked about that, too.

Wptw, you described Tyoregon as atypical. How is he atypical, just out of curiosity?

Just a general question- I've heard it said that we don't "own" our badges; we merely have a lifetime lease on them from the Fraternity. If that really is true, might it not class any badges sold by anyone other than people authorized by the Fraternity (meaning nobody) as stolen property?

To what extent is the KotK recognized by Fraternity Headquarters? My general impression is that it is something of a greassroots movement, but I was thinking if the Fraternity were willing to do so, running an article in the Key might be a great way to educate members about KotK.