View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I feel that the new release figures have made it tougher on legacies, who are often dropped by their non-legacy chapters because the members don't want to "waste" a spot on someone who will suuuurely be pledging their legacy chapter. This has played out several times for local girls.

One of my nieces, who would have been quite in demand at her medium-sized school had she not been an in-house legacy, was left with 2 choices after first parties. I felt for her until bids came out! What if her legacy group had cut her? And I have seen this happen to girls who had a sitting sister in the house.
My daughter's roommate also got cut from many houses off the bat, and I was shocked. Not only is she a stunning beauty, down to earth, and a Kelley school business major, but has a quick-witted, hilarious personality. She was also a legacy of a 'top tier' sorority that, apparently, tends to take out of state girls, which she is not. She wound up dropping out of Recruitment after they and all but 2 chapters, with whom she did not click, cut her. She may try again next year now that she has friends in many chapters, but my heart breaks for her. I don't think she was given a fair chance.