View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Candle lights were a big deal, as you said. We would love to see who got lavaliered, pinned or engaged. It seemed so incredibly romantic and glorious that we shared in the excitement of the event.

On my campus for Bid Day, we sat in our dorm rooms and the sororities came around cheering in groups to each door and knocked. You had no idea which chapter was coming for you. So, we watched out our window on the street below while all the chapters marched by chanting, eagerly anticipating the knock on our door that would seal our future.

I, too, was a Rho Chi (which is what we called our rush counselors). I loved that role. I also loved being "pledge Mom". So exciting to support the newest members in their path to sisterhood.

Our Homecoming was formal where we dressed up in suits and wore mums on our lapels, riding a float during the parade route. Planning and building the floats was a really big deal.

Our meetings were so much fun. We shared "sister seconds" where we would recap silly stuff others had done during the weekend. Everyone was laughing so hard that we all cried.