View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: The interwebs. I understand it's a "series of tubes."
I've only seen Minnesota, Wisconsin and Northwestern. Sometime I'm going to have to make the trip down to Champaign and see Illinois's massive row for myself.
Northwestern is nice- it's kinda like a greek village built in 1900- all the houses are on university land, and all together, but old and pretty.
At Minnesota, most fraternities are together along University Avenue- and those are old, original houses that are beautiful and architecturally diverse. Then the sororities and a few other fraternities are clustered on a few blocks farther away from campus. Some of the houses are nicer than others, and they're not necessarily all together on one street.
Wisconsin is really nice. All (but 2) organizations are along Langdon Street, so fraternities and sororities are interspersed. The houses are fairly large (each hold at least 40+ people, I'd say) and most are old and of different styles as well. Also, a few of them have lake access or are directly on the lake, and I'm sooooo jealous of that.
One kind of sad thing about Wisconsin and Minnesota is, though, that when you've lived in the area for a while, you find out that other beautiful buildings in the greek neighborhoods were greek houses at one time, and many have been converted to apartments and/or not well-maintained. I'm sure this is common at many schools.

TEII