View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgreek View Post
All my friends are in other chapters and are even willing to sponsor me. The chapter I joined is not strong enough nationally or in my state to give me the opportunities the other one could.
This makes my blood boil. You're not interested in lifelong friendships or a sense of community or even in being philanthropic. Please do yourself a favor and stop pretending to be.

For you, a sorority is a means to an end. You're interested in what membership can do for you, not what you can do for your organization. You want to take the easy way, to reap the benefits of membership without putting in the work. Well guess what? That ship has sailed for you. YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR MEMBERSHIP IN ANY OTHER NPC GROUP SO STOP ASKING. Take the advice others have given you and reach out to the organization you initiated into. Put your big girl panties on and deal with your choices. No one forced you to sign your MRBA, no one forced you to go through the new member period, no one forced you to initiate. Either make the best of your situation or go away but stop with the entitlement. Sorority membership is a privilege, not a right, and you my friend ARE NOT entitled to membership in another group despite how you may personally feel.