View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarca7 View Post
I understand what you mean NALFO needs to do more, but what can NALFO do? Honestly, outside the Northeast, Florida and parts of California NALFO orgs are rare. Hence the formation of a NALFO council would be to the contrary of organizational goal. Since I live in Texas I will use it as the example. Besides UT -Austin. Very few schools have enough chapters of NALFO orgs to form a council. As mentioned by Knightshadow you could form adhoc NALFO councils but why? There would be no benefit. If you would allow multicultural organization in anyway why wouldn’t you stay where you are? What are you really defining by forming a new council? Would it be just size? What is the common thread that they would be sharing? I’m just saying why I could easily understand the fact that there is no benefit to separating into a new council specifically in Texas.
There are many chapters of many LGLO/HLGLO organizations spread throughout the US. It's just hard to have a substantial impact because there are so.many.organizations out there competing for a small group of people and NALFO (in its current state) isn't really promoting the existing organizations.

And when I said UTA, I was referring to UT-Arlington, not Austin. I think there are a few campuses that could support a separate council with only LGLO/HLGLO organizations.