Thread: chaplain ideas?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2004, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

OK, ForeverDiamond, you are going to show them you are the BEST darn chaplain they've ever seen!!! (It reminds me of that Friends episode where Monica assigns Phoebe to bring the cups and ice to the party, so Pheobe goes all out & makes the cups & ice the best part of the party!)

Here's another idea- do you have a chaplain's notebook? I am assuming not because most chapters do not have one. You could start one! The 1st page could have a list where each chaplain signs it when it's passed on to them- then everyone can see YOU started it!

Things you could include in the notebook are:

*List of ideas

*List of campus resources (Univ chaplain, Baptist Student Ministries, Lutheran Student Services, etc.- you get the idea).

* List of outside resources (local pastors or alumnae who would be willing to come talk)

*List of encouraging Bible verses or quotes or selections from other religious texts.

*List of internet resources

That way the next chaplain is not left high & dry like you were.

Also in my chapter the president always got this necklace with a gavel handed down from the previous president. I thought that was so cool. Maybe you could get something special like that to start a chaplain tradition- I was thinking a dove might be inter-deminational but still spiritual.

Another thing you could do is contact the other ADPi chaplains in your district to exchange ideas. You'd just have to write a letter & mail it to the chapter addresss to the attention of the chaplain & see what type of response you get.

OK- I can't believe how little work I got done while thinking about this!

Good luck and PLEEEAAASSSSEEEEE let us know how it's going!

PLAM<>
WLFEO