View Single Post
Old 06-29-2000, 08:49 AM
Artimis

A few clarifcations and then hopefully a non-intrusive question.

With equeen's reference to candidate, she is not refering to a potential, rush guest, but rather new un-initiated sisters undergrowing education. Formally known as a pledge.

I didn't go back and re-read what Sister Greek wrote, but I believe equeen was attempting to write a resolve to the discussion. In doing so, she was refering to how to educate committeed sisters on dealings with non-sisters and non-public information. Some of us are young groups and we do not have all of this down. ;>

Finer Woman: I agree action and deed are two different thing, but a misconception does exist that non-NPHC sororites and fraternities arn't for life. I recognize comparing persception the NPHC have a stronger visual commitment then NPC/IFC. But that doesn't mean some of us don't get it. Look at the number of senior memebers that post on greekchat - a majority of us are alumn.

Now, hopefully the un-intrusive question:
NPHC's recruitment/rush is structured differently then NPC/IFC. Was this always the case? Or did the current process evolve?

Quote:
Originally posted by Finer Woman10-A-91:
EQueen...Sister Greek,
I understand you want to make everything by way of "interests" neat, clean, and simple and fun. But the real truth is... that's not how it works with the NPHC organizations.

Quite possibly, its a cultural difference. For example, the very referral of "interests" as "candidates-new members/pledges/littles" is out of line with our way of initiating business.

Truth be told, any sincere candidate of any NPHC organization knows and understands the unwritten rules without any stroking or cuddling. Its not expected. We don't pledge potentials with the understanding this is a fun college thing. We are looking at LIFETIME COMMITTMENT potential. Consequently, the tolernce level is low in the area of aloof "how can I be down with the Zetas or any other NPHC organzation".
[SNIP]