View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
This isn't how rush works. Quota = number of women rushing divided by number of sororities. Total = maximum number of women that can be in a chapter. If groups can't fill quota, the number is probably being set too soon during formal rush. If groups can't get to total and are constantly open bidding, then total is too high.

You are an associate member of your school's CPC so I'm guessing you don't have to worry about any of that crap.

Unless you fall under a minimum amount for student organizations IN GENERAL, you can't get "kicked off" for numbers alone - at least I have never heard of such a thing. When sorority chapters get pulled for numbers, it's their national headquarters that does it, NOT the school. The most I've ever heard of a school doing is removing a group from on campus housing because they don't have enough members to fill it. And as you know, not having a house does not equal not having a chapter.
Yeah, I know. None of the GLO have houses. The city prohibits it. But yeah, you're right, what meant to say was total.