View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree 100% with all the responses from those much wiser than myself. Ole Miss does for sure have the toughest rush in the country IMO but it has been greatly helped in the last few years with the variable quota and having the girls be more open to seeing the process thru till the end. My daughter is a junior at Ole Miss- currently studying abroad but will join her new sisters in January. While she did not go thru formal recruitment she did go thru COB which was far more laid back and more intimate an experience. She really got to know the house and meet the girls prior to her accepting a bid. I truly despise the leveling or word "tiers" but her house is considered low, and if this puts some girls off and not willing to look past that but see a house for what it is and how it can enhance their experience and life that that a truly sad thing indeed. My girl LOVES it and could not be more proud to call her house home.

It comes right down to what we all have been saying...she needs to give it time and for relationships to develop and for her to get to know how things work. If she doesn't have the time or energy for this, best she drops out now. You are only going to get from it, what you put into it. It takes work but if you are willing I assure you the experience will be more than worth it.

I think really there is no need for anything further to be said on this subject and perhaps someone to close the thread. Anyone agree??