View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
See
http://belmont.edu/organizations/greek/how_to_join.html

Belmont University's Greek Life Mission is to promote student development by providing opportunities for scholarship, community service, campus involvement and fraternal friendship by ensuring all members a high quality and safe undergraduate experience. Eligibility requirements are as follows:

A cumulative GPA that meets the chapter's minimum requirements for new membership
A disciplinary record considered in good standing with the university (no violations resulting in probation, limited or institutional)
Must list more that one chapters on their Membership Recruitment Acceptance Binding Agreement (MRABA) following preference round (NPC Organizations)
Attendance at all formal recruitment events (IFC & NPC Organizations)
(my bolding)Any Belmont student who is eligible to receive a bid from a Greek organization will receive a bid from at least one Greek lettered organization.

Interfraternity Council: Alpha Tau Omega, Phi Kappa Tau
Panhellenic Association: Alpha Gamma Delta, Alpha Sigma Tau, Kappa Alpha Theta, Phi Mu,

Isn't Tufts (with their 'bids for everyone eligible' process) thinking about getting rid of its greek system? So is this Belmont's way of starting down the slope of forcing undesirable smart students into their greek homes and letting the greek system fall into its own nonexistence due to bad behaviors by those who otherwise would not have been bid?

In addition, is Belmont (and I do mean the school, panhel already said yes) EVER going to accept their chosen Gamma Phi Beta colony? It's still listed as a TBD colonization date on GPhi's HQ website and it's been four or five years since they were chosen. And what would Belmont's "absolute bids to everyone eligible" process mean for any new colony?

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.