View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, and to the OP, I think you should focus more on Recruitment vs Rushing. If your chapter focuses all its energy into rush week, then you'll likely get lower numbers and poorer quality of guys.

I'm assuming you know the difference between Recruitment and Rushing, but if you don't.. Recruitment is "all year," as corny as that sounds. If your chapter starts recruiting guys since way before Summer B starts (e.g. getting to know them, hanging out with them, reeling them in so to speak) then you'll have a much better pledge class than if you waited until Rush Week itself to meet guys and give them bids.

The best chapters at any school already have a strong foundation for a pledge class way before Rush Week. Focusing all your efforts on Rush Week results in poorer numbers and lower quality of men.

Are the guys in your chapter good at recruiting? Because you can have the flashiest rush events (which isn't possible in your case anway), but if the guys don't know how to talk to guys and "rush" then you're screwed.

If your chapter is new/having trouble with recruitment I suggest you read this book.