View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 09:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh please. Here we go again. I've said this many times in the past, when chapters have been closed and their charters revoked by their headquarters, and there's an outcry of "not fair!" "wrong" "let's sue" blah blah blah. There but for the grace of God go you and I. We have all had painful chapter closings. We don't need to know the details; it's not our business (telling that to those parents). *annoyed sigh and eyeroll*

LOOK: no fraternity or sorority makes the decision to "pull" a charter lightly. It comes after all other interventions have been tried, often for several years, and have not succeeded. The women in this IU chapter know full well why the charter was revoked. It didn't come out of the blue, for no reason, on a whim.

Know this, too: it is painful for everyone involved, most especially those who have to make the decision to close the chapter. Trust me on this. Tri Delta is a stellar organization and I believe they made this decision after trying every possible solution to turn the chapter around.

The court of public opinion matters not. These are private membership organizations; they have their constitution and bylaws which regulate their actions. As long as they are following their own procedures and rules, the courts are not going to get involved. I've gotten a few threatening letters from attorneys and parents myself, and it all was for nothing.

In other words, the dogs bark, but the caravan moves on. Or, as my father would say (and I'd say to those members) "you burned your butt, you sit on the blister". Too bad, so sad. I've seen it too many times. The actives know why this happened.