View Single Post
Old 04-01-2004, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Actually, the student body president is a good friend of mine. Sure, it's a stereotype, but in this case it's true.

And I also find it sad that people vote with their parents simply because their parents voted that way, but if you think about it we probably all pretty much stick with our parents, because that's the kind of environment we were raised in.

If you were raised to believe that abortion is wrong, prayer in schools is right, etc... then you're probably going to keep believing that. I personally was raised in a very liberal family, and even though most of my young life I was a democrat simply because my mommy was telling me "Clinton is a good man, Bush is a bad man," when I researched for myself, I found that I am a true democrat, not just because of my parents.

As far as it being sad that people vote just on parties... well, I've only voted in one election (I'm 21), and I'll admit that I wasn't as educated about Bush or Gore as I should be, but my philosophy is that more than likely, the democratic candidate is going to have more of my beliefs than a republican.