View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 10:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I can not stand hypocrites.
I agree.

Although this is always presented as anti-feminism, this was also a big socioeconomic and race (and other demographics) divide in the feminist movements and the foundation for other feminist movements such as Black feminism. The argument over whether women should go to college and work was not a battle that working class and poor white and racial and ethnic minority women were fighting.

Then you had people fighting over whether womanhood should be defined as motherhood and wifehood. In 2014 people still have difficulty balancing freedom to marry and/or reproduce with social force and obligation to marry and/or reproduce.

I should've made this a poll so GCers could vote on whether they believe this ideology. I swear there are still a lot of people in the USA and around the world who believe this.

ETA: I added this to the OP: http://m.christianpost.com/news/fact...rness--117959/

The best comment in the comment section:
"Phyllis is, as usual, confused. It's equal pay for equal work. If women choose to work fewer hours, then less pay is warranted. But Phyllis is blinded by her conservatism."

Last edited by DrPhil; 04-19-2014 at 11:24 AM.