View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by potential_greek View Post
I'm not sure why it's not okay to ask questions. I just want to be prepared for any disappointment and knowing when the heaviest cuts happen can assist in that. I'm not trying to figure out my "chances," I just want to emotionally prepare myself. I currently have nothing to do at the moment in regards to recruitment, and I am trying to not go crazy waiting for the next events.
Because your questions are veering closer and closer into membership selection territory and do not have any bearing on your individual situation. Everyone's recruitment situation is different. There's no way to "prepare" yourself based on some kind of magical statistical formula. Get out and try to do something fun to get your mind off things that are out of your control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by potential_greek View Post
I think I've been unclear. I would be thrilled to get a bid from ANY sorority on campus. In fact, the one I dropped last time is one in which a have many friends. I'm not going by reputation anymore, I have matured past that. Recruitment is currently going on and do far I have still been invited back to a couple in which I could see myself. Assuming I get a bid, And since the start of upperclassmen quotas it's pretty rare not to, I know in which chapters I am most likely to end up. I did not in any way mean for this to turn into an argument or to seem arrogant but I'm guessing that's how you all took it. I apologize.
Those are the houses you currently have left. They can cut you at any time for any reason, even if they don't cut anyone else that round and they haven't cut you up to this point.