Thread: My KKG Friend
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 03:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverPledged View Post
Hi,

I did not participate in sorority rush at my college for a few reasons, but I always wanted to be a KKG and one of my mentors was a KKG (she always wanted me to rush and become one as well.)

Long story short, I know the basics about the sorority and recently became friends with a woman I know for certain is KKG. I can tell she is trying to find out if I am a Kappa as well and it's hard for me because obviously I'm not sure how to respond and I find myself feeling sad that I never did become a Kappa.

I'm not sure what to say to her or if I should keep ignoring her inquiries, I feel like eventually she will figure out I'm not a Kappa and drop it, but as I said it is bittersweet.

She had made remarks about her grandmother and lately the sapphire necklace that will be her something blue to wear to an event we are planning together. She pulled me aside to show me her dress and it seemed very pointed that she wanted to mention the necklace and blue shoes in particular ("something blue".)

Should I say something or not? I think I know I should just ignore her and it will go away but it is hard because I know what she is talking about and wish I could answer her as a Kappa but I know I can't. I don't want her to feel betrayed by letting her know I'm not a Kappa even though I can tell she's trying to find out if I am as well. I don't want to be a disappointment to her as I already feel a disappointment myself.

Thanks,
NeverPledged
I think you're applying your own issues to the situation. I'm pretty sure she would just say, "Are you a Kappa too?" if she wanted to know. You're displacing your own disappointment on your new friend.