View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

To be honest, I've been waiting for something like this to occur.
In the past, (from what I have read) when a black girl was dropped at Alabama, it was attributed to the statement:

"There are plenty of white girls who are dropped out of recruitment, too. How can you scream racism if you don't know why she was dropped in the first place?"
Then there is some official statement saying, "Our organization does not condone discrimination blah blah blah..."
I recall the young lady who tried it twice getting dogged because she had an "agenda."

This blows it out the water. I'm sure there were members of chapters down there who have either quit, or remained mum about these type of issues in the past, as to avoid a conflict. Unfortunately, remaining quiet produces NO change. It takes WAY more for the members to speak out when they see something happening that's wrong. (Although some didn't give their names, it is still a step in a positive direction.) Kudo's to them!

I think that "advisors" should learn their role, and have all the seats in Dallas Stadium, one at at time! Not only are they going against the racial discrimination policies of their own organization, but they are also blatently disrespecting the votes of their own sisters.

I feel bad for the young ladies in question, who simply want to join a sorority and appear to exceed the requirements to be in a sisterhood. The system is so backwards there, that it is national news (again). BUT...on the other end, I also feel as though certain times you just have to know what you are getting into. These stories never surprise me! I've always been taught to be aware that things like this can and sometimes will happen because of the color of my skin. It is what it is.

Last edited by PersistentDST; 09-11-2013 at 03:49 PM.