View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ???Squirrel10 View Post
I haven't been a part of greek life for very long, but I understand that you are not allowed to initiate into one sorority, deactivate, then initiate into another sorority. This greatly confuses me as well as to how Panhellenic missed that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mward2002 View Post
Only thing is, now that girl knows two rituals. Deactivated or not, she's not gonna forget what she's learned. I thought a sorority's nationals really checked up on that stuff though?
Panhellenic and/or the sorority's nationals wouldn't really have any way to check, other than to rely on the word of the PNM.

Each individual NPC group has some type of database of individual members, but we don't have access to each other's database - its members only stuff. NPC doesn't keep lists of members across all groups and campuses either. In absence of rumors or gossip indicating that there is reason to suspect the girl of attempting "dual membership", the only way for Panhel or an individual sorority to "catch" something like that would be to run a check on every PNM. Can you imagine the administrative hassle that would be?

What this girl did was dishonest, and I am fairly certain that her new group will terminate her membership immediately as soon as they are made aware. (And likely her old group will terminate her too.)