Thread: Kappa Random
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

The Key Source could use some improvement, but I am glad we have it. I was surprised to see past ornaments on there and thought "great, I'll buy the 2002 ornament for my initiation year!" only to see that you have to purchase one and hope they someday make another batch? Thought that was odd.

So continuing the spirit of Kappa random... tonight I'm giving a Toastmasters speech on the founding of GLOs (basically how men's groups were in reaction to the American Revolution and pursuit of freedom/improvement, and women's were in reaction to the women's movement & Civil War in pursuit of equality). I did a research paper on it in college focusing on Pi Phi and Kappa, since variables are roughly kept in check by being established at the same school. Anyway... I wore my badge today for the speech, and I was adjusting it in the bathroom at work. A woman I've never met saw it and asked if it was a sorority pin, and said her daughters are in DZ and DG. It was so cool and a great mid-afternoon mind break! I have yet to encounter a Kappa this way, but I'm bound to run into one at some point. Oh, I also found out that one of my coworkers is a Sigma Kappa this morning. I had no idea and it spawned a great chat.