View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 12:30 AM
GreekChat Member

After many hours of stress and anxiety, I was so excited to see I’d been invited back to Parks and Recreation and Master of None, as well as 30 Rock and The Office! I was relieved to have another day with The Office, and I was happy to give 30 Rock another chance.

Master of None
– Their philanthropy was so touching, and the girls seemed really passionate about it. I had so much in common with the first girl I talked to and had a really fun time talking to her. The second girl was only a sophomore so she wasn’t a very good “rusher”, but we were able to keep the conversation going without it being awkward. I was so happy to have been invited back here and I could really see myself in this house. I loved it just as much as I did yesterday!

30 Rock – Today was so much better here. I got along really well with the first girl. The second member was another inexperienced sophomore with whom I didn’t have much in common, so that conversation was a little bit tough. I’m still not feeling much of a connection with this house, although they’re definitely nice girls.

The Office – I went in with a much more positive attitude than yesterday, and it paid off. They were all so sweet and seemed genuinely happy to have me there, and I talked to one girl in particular who recognized me from my school’s music department and was incredibly nice. This is a new chapter, and she was a founding member when she was a sophomore. I’m really impressed by what this house has been able to build in such a short time on campus.

Parks and Rec – This was undoubtedly the best moment of recruitment for me so far. I walked in and was paired with one of the girls I talked to yesterday, and we picked up right where we left off and talked like BFFs while I worked on the craft. Then another member who I’m good friends with was finally able to talk to me for the first time since recruitment started, and we were so excited to see each other. The whole time I was here, girls were coming up to me and saying how happy they were that I was back. I already feel so at home at this house. Calling them Parks and Rec is very fitting because these girls are definitely the Leslie Knopes of my school. It felt so awesome to be in an environment full of sweet and smart feminists who love and support each other so much. That’s what I want out of sorority life.

Since I only had four houses, I was able to list them all as my preferences. Here’s how I would rank them if I had to:
1. Parks and Rec
2. Master of None
3. The Office
4. 30 Rock

I obviously love love loved Parks and Rec. However, I definitely still love Master of None too, so I could see myself feeling very torn between them if it came down to it. I guess I’ll cross that bridge if I'm fortunate enough to get to it! The next round isn’t until Saturday, so now it’s time to attempt to focus on my first week of classes while simultaneously stressing about recruitment. Wish me luck!