View Single Post
Old 08-02-2002, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Interests

What I want out of a fraternity (should have mentioned I'm a guy, lol) is pretty simple:

1. A good place to start making friends at Berkeley.

2. Social connections for future success in my career

3. A set of good friends who I can count on after I've graduated

4. A place where I have something social happening all the time

5. I want to have some friends I wouldn't regularly have (you know - like
when you have a job, and make friends there with people you never would
have otherwise)

I have a decent GPA (3.72), and I get along with people easily. I'm interested in everything: my major is math, dunno about grad school major (maybe math, maybe law - maybe both, lol). I like math and science stuff, playing sports (not too into watching them), biking, hiking, lifting weights, vegetarianism, politics, etc. But that's not a comprehensive list - I'll try almost anything, and think almost everything is interesting. I'm not religious - so no Christian or Jewish frats for me. I guess I just don't want my college experience to be entirely academic, otherwise I think I'd be missing out on a lot. I know I don't want to be in a frat that's all about partying either - I do drink, but getting hosed every weekend isn't my idea of a good time. I want to get into a frat that places a lot of importance on future success of its members, because that's important. But in reality I'm sure a lot of frats fit in this group - most seem like they're pretty good to me, and I'll have a better idea of which one I like best when I visit sometime in late August. I really appreciate all the advice, thanks.

Matt