View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyD View Post
Thankyou for the spelling tips.

I am glad you enjoyed every minute of your pledge time. I did as well but it was all a blur. It was scary and exciting but hard to keep all the facts and papers and everything you were told and given all in order, when in the end all you wanted to do was hurry up and become apart of it!

I am not looking for any sympathy.

True lack of loyalty could be a problem but when something happens in a persons life and they have to transfer and they need a way to make the best of their situation how bad is it to put your loyality to a different sorority? You will always keep a place for the sorority you were in but your new college does not have your old sorority..........and trying to become buds with a bunch of older women in your alumni group or whatever does not sound like that were you want to put your time and effort into.

Lets say you were in a sorority you loved at your college and everything was great!!! but your mom suddenly out of no where coming home from dropping your younger brother off at a bday party on a tuesday night dies by a drunk driver..... and you have to transfer to a huge new college closer to home and because of money issues. And the only way you feel any better about going to a new college and having to start over is if you were to join the sorority your mom was in and be able to meet a group of girls right away and feel apart of something again...............what would you do??wouldent trying to join another sorority possibly cross your mind, especially if you could get deactivated from your previous sorority and your name off the books?
You seriously don't see how this is being disloyal? And I have a newsflash for you. MEMBERSHIP IS FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!