View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Phi Mu speaking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCAGuy View Post
Hello Ladies,

This is the fiance of a Phi Mu Alumni. I am an alum of LXA.

Short Backstory: She can't find her badge or our lavaliers. We moved recently and they are simply gone.

Christmas time is here and I have bought her a new pearl/ruby badge because at the end of the day, I'm awesome. It need to be engraved. I know her chapter, I can get her initiation date but one thing remains: her initials.

Since I'm the one having this engraved and we are set to be married, I thought maybe to have her "new" initials engraved rather than her initials at her time of initiation.

Should I have her old initials on there or her soon to be "new" initials engraved?
First, I want to say how incredible of a finace you are. This shows you put a lot of thought into her gift. Also, I love that you got her rubies and pearls and didn't go for the cheapest one you could find. I'm not sure if she had rubies and pearls before but, who doesn't love a blinged-out badge?

Second, I don't know of one Phi Mu Alumna (not alumni--plural is alumnae) who has her married initials on her badge. Even if she goes from Mary Laura Smith to Mary Laura Kline, at conventions they would refer to her as Mary (Smith) Kline and by her chapter of initiation. This way, people can say, "Oh, Mary Smith got married. She is now Mary Kline." Definitely stick with her initiated initials.

Third, I have to ask (if you feel comfortable answering) where she initiated--the chapter? I love hearing about fiances who realize how important a sorority can be to a young woman. I agree with what everyone else has said---You are pretty great! Good luck!