Thread: USC Lawsuit
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
It's being watched carefully and the University of Michigan (very much a public school) is doing the same thing.

The big problem is with filling a house. For a lot of chapters at Michigan, this will mean all juniors and seniors will be required to live in because sophomores can't if they aren't members until second semester of freshman year. Leases are signed for Fall by October for most students. They won't know if they are Greek yet so they will have to get alternative housing and sign leases. Most seniors don't want to live in and Juniors aren't usually thrilled about it.
As far as Michigan goes, could the chapter houses be re-configured to hold fewer women with nicer amenities? Having only one roommate or being able to get a sleep in single might have made me actually enjoy living in the house. Do the houses there have cold dorms? I have seen chapter houses where the cold dorm was renovated into single or double rooms. The day rooms were converted to single or double sleep in rooms. I know with fewer women living in the lost revenue would have to be made up by splitting parlor fees among the sisters living off campus. But those living in might do so more willingly.