Thread: Badge Trends?
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
I did not know that the Alpha Delta Pi pins are now only available with white or blue stones! The daughter of friends of our went ADPi, and since she was born in July, I think she needs to have one of my ruby point pins!
Yeah they didn't really advertise it. I happened to notice that the new brochure contained no rubies, emeralds, or amethysts, and I reached out to EO to see if something had changed. They told me they'd had over 200 badge options before so between streamlining and the rebranding, they wanted to simplify options to fit within the rebrand. I was surprised amethyst wasn't included since purple is part of the rebranding color scheme and our flower is the violet. And ultimately, I'm not sure why the number of options matters since HJ Greek has all those stones anyway, and it's just a matter of using whatever stones are ordered. EO did tell me if there was something I truly wanted that wasn't on the brochure, I could get special permission to get it, but it honestly disappointed me because we'd had so many ways to individualize our pins before. Not that modern pins are anywhere near the same quality as vintage ones, but I always loved the variety in our pins.

Btw, the milestone pieces also were changed, and also not really advertised. I have a province director friend who knew nothing about it, but they're very very different now and also go along with the rebranding. I hit 25 years a couple years ago and wanted to treat myself with the 25 yr pin, but the new one is so different and doesn't even have the letters on it. They told me cost had been a barrier to some getting the pins and they also wanted to make them easier to put on (?). Given they were available in silver and gold plate and not just 10k gold and in cubic zirconia for the 50 year pins, I'm not sure cost was that big an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
There is lovely sister of Alpha Delta Pi who has THE most awesome collection of pins. She does NOT want her name publicized! My understanding is that she will leave them to our Executive Office.

I do a lot of photos of some of her collection, and I'll try to post them. They are in my files; does anyone know how to paste a photo without an URL address?
If her first name starts with M, I know her! I don't know if there's a way to post a photo without the url address, but if she's ok with you using her photos without revealing her name/site, you could create a free Flickr account and post them from there so they're not connected to her.