View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonsInquiries View Post
hello, everyone! i'm new to the site and I have several things to say concerning this issue.

FIRST, i wouldn't say that black women are scaring black men off. i really wish more black men would step up to the plate and learn how to be just that (MEN). as of 10/17/09, 35% of all the black men in this country have either been to jail or are currently in jail. more brothers need to step up to the plate and be actual "fathers" to the children they make. also, it would be nice if more brothers went to college. if this recession, doesn't teach someone the importance of a quality education, then NOTHING will. get it together, brothas!!!

NOW, sistas.....

i want to first start off by saying that BY FAR, black women are the most beautiful creatures on the face of this earth. seemingly, most black women have everything that, frankly, any man would want; everything except the most important thing.....the RIGHT attitude. of all the women on the face of this earth, black women are the LEAST desired, and do you guys know why? the ATTITUDE!

most black women i've ever come in contact with in my lifetime seem to have the same characteristics below:

1) most black women don't know how to love. they know how to SCREW, but not love someone (for eternity).

2) most black women are unsupportive

3) most black women are unappreciative

4) most black women are shallow.

5) most black women try to be control freaks

6) most black women don't know the difference between being aggressive and being rude.

7) most black women have no class.

now, let me say something about "class". for those sistas who have never been taught how to have class, that's another issue. you can't blame someone for something they've never been taught. but however, for those sistas who know exactly what it means to have class but still chooses to act "ghetto", that's what i have a problem with. class is something that ANYONE can learn, people!!!

mary j. blige went to etiquette school some years ago because she admitted that "even though i have a successful music career, i have no class". since she has done this, i have had as much respect for her as one person could have for another. the queen of r&b is a better woman because of this change.

8) most black women are loud.

now, alot of my friends don't have a problem with this, but i do. it goes back to #8 (having NO class).

so, in essence, i guess you could say in a big way that black women are indeed scaring us away....
Wow...thank you for perpetuating the stereotypes of Black women. I could list some popular stereotypes of Black men also but that's been done several times before. And there's a pretty popular stereotype out there about Black men and screwing also...for decades...so very ironic that you would try to go there about Black women. Honestly many Black women I've met (and I have met many) are just the opposite of what you describe here, but then I am well rounded and have been many places and have met many different types of Black people and people in general. When I read or hear this kind of description it's usually coming from those that are not well rounded and have not been many places beyond their own backyard and are themselves, classless (which by the way, your comments regarding class reveal a very shallow and superficial definition...a bit "fake" elitist also). I think SOME Black men really need to take a look in the mirror. You want to be treated as a King but do not want to take on the responsibilities of a King. You want to be King but do not want to work at being King: going to school, taking care of your family, not making excuses, loving, respecting, and appreciating your woman, etc. You want to be admired but do not want to do what it takes to make yourself admirable. And most Black women are not willing to treat you like a King when you don't act like one or even have the desire to TRULY be one. We will not lie to you so that you will feel good. We are not willing to lay down our dreams and desires so that you will feel big when you are not doing anything to make yourself feel big all on your own. If you go after women in other races because they will lie to you and make you appear bigger than you are actually demonstrating, then so be it. Stop trying to put most Black women in a box, like all of us are just one way and are hoodrats or something. There seems to be a contradiction here. I thought many of us were going to college and getting good jobs, doing our thang, etc. Which is it? As far as learning how to love you, why don't you also learn to love us? I haven't seen a book on that lately. We have needs too although some seem to think we don't or something. I know many Black women who are just the opposite of what you list here so what happens when these women are doing it all and giving 150% only to get 50% back in return? What is your advice for them? Answer that.