Thread: Junior Rushing?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenx03 View Post
I am currently at one of the other psu campuses and will be at main my junior year and would really like to pledge..is it to late ? will i get in? ..my friend is in one there would she help my chances of getting in ? i dont want to miss out on being greek...thanks so much !!
As it has been said before, yes, sometimes juniors get bids at Penn State, but it is imperative that you keep an open mind and really consider all the chapters. I know juniors who went through formal recruitment and got full schedules and ended up in wonderful chapters, but an open mind is definitely necessary. Great grades and friends in the chapter helps, however most Penn State sororities are 90+ women, so one person liking you and wanting you to join doesn't necessarily mean that the other 89 will agree. Just to let you know the realities of it, so you aren't taken by surprise. But in any case, juniors do get bids at Penn State (we had five juniors just in my pledge class last fall, including me!) but it does mean that you must consider all of your options. Best of luck!