View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfetched View Post
That is very sweet of you to say, ladybug12. I am the proud mom of two fantastic boys, but as any parent knows, girls are different. I've always loved that I get to do girly stuff with my nieces, and working on the sorority stuff with A was such a fun bonding thing before she left for school. And yes, her twin sister--who I guess I'll call "B"--is also going through recruitment at her school. Greek life isn't nearly as big of a deal at B's school, though, and sorority recruitment isn't particularly competitive. I was sort of bummed, actually, when B told me she wouldn't need any recs, I was like "what do you mean you don't need recs? I'm the queen of recs now!" But if there's anything interesting to report about B's experience, I'll be back!
Just a suggestion- FWIW- get the recs anyway. Lots of places will tell you thry don't need recs. However,, there is nothing like a letter of introduction vouching for you(which is what a rec is)) and some groups require them( mine does and we are on close to 150 campuses).