View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmadiva View Post
Maybe this is where things are getting side-tracked on campus. The campus Greek -Life office may not understand the various designations of each, so to make things simple, just group those who "look alike" into one council.
I'll speak on my campus, as I'm not 100% in tune with the others.

UTA has 6 NALFO-esque* organizations (ODPhi, KDChi, SLB, SLG, Lambda Theta Phi, Lambda Theta Alpha) and interest for one more (PIA). The rest of our (13-15 member) MGC is comprised of other Latino/a, Asian, and Multicultural organizations. We could easily split off into two governing councils and still have enough resources for both, but the NALFO-esque organizations don't really see a benefit of bringing a NALFO council to the local level, as the group doesn't do much on the national level. It's not really the school that's blocking it (our Greek Advisor is one of my frat brothers and the school is very open to 'cultural' organizations and entities), but the member organizations.

*I used this because all of our organizations were NALFO at the time of our MGC founding.