View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_or_Geek? View Post
Yes, there are schools who line up by height. I think it's designed to make sure diminutive PNMs aren't lost in the crush as they enter the house, especially on the earlier days of recruitment.

As to the question about matching PNMs, I will give a general answer that yes indeed they are matched in earlier rounds. It's actually an important thing to do at competitive schools, but the hows and whys are internal business. I'm becoming increasingly uncomfortable with the way we continue to chat about internal chapter recruitment details here on Greekchat. For me this borders on membership selection information, not to mention a lot of it is specific to very competitive schools and can make a PNM crazy with worry no matter what kind of school she's going to be rushing at.
I don't think we're touching on anything bordering on secret membership selection in this thread. Here's what I'd say: if recruitment counselors or Greek advisors from other groups know what's being done and can tell simply by watching that girls that are being matched at a party, and I suspect they could, it's probably not MS. If PNMs themselves can observe it at a party, it's probably not straying close to MS.

I think the recruitment forum has some excellent moderators who watch out for disclosure of MS and will respond to your concerns if you PM them when you feel something has crossed the line.

GreekChat doesn't just exist for PNMs. So while some of the information shared would go way over their heads or might be counterproductive for them to worry about (matching, rfm, return rates, etc), there's nothing wrong with our talking about the things that interest alumnae or advisors, I don't think. My question about matching is a case in point. We didn't seem to do a lot of it at the chapters I attended as a PMN. It was a long time ago. It's interesting and helpful for me when I talk to members or PNMS in real life to know how different things are today even at my own campus.

Last edited by UGAalum94; 07-10-2012 at 10:08 AM.