View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I think everyone understands the continuing normal operations until May part. The question is how after that they can continue to be a recognized student organization or participant in Panhellenic with zero active members.
Huh? 33, where did that come from? How did you get that? No one, to my knowledge, stated that, including anyone from AZ. "Unaffiliated collegiate members" doesn't mean that they are existing as a suspended organization, or any kind of organization. There's no chapter to participate in, for starters.

I just skimmed this thread again and I'm confused, I don't see that (the theory that they will continue to be a recognized student organization) as even a consideration. Again, reading the statement from TriDelta HQ, I don't see that either. It seems clear that they will be suspending operations effective end of Spring Semester 2018. Not participating, or anything of the sort. They are guaranteed to return at a date they select, the earliest being four years from May 2018.

As for the question of how this is different than pulling a charter, well that is readily apparent, is it not? The charter is like Sleeping Beauty. It's not dead and gone. It will awaken. Again, read the TriDelta official announcement.

The actives and those new members who choose to be initiated deserve to have what lies ahead be memorable. Let them have the opportunity to develop, experience, and enjoy "a perpetual bond of friendship".
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity

Last edited by AZTheta; 11-16-2017 at 07:48 AM.