View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I disagree with everyone that pledge names make an organization divided , even though they may be considered hazing [my sorority is local so its not subjected to typical rules & regulations] . in our organization each pledge gets a name based on their family name tradition and your name is picked out by your big . my pledge name is Callay after Colbie Callait and meaning sexiest diva . My family tradition is C with double letters . I feel that naming makes pledges feel more a part of the sorority and every sister has her own unique name based on your own personality so its interesting , like who you are becomes a part of the sorority but I've never seen anyone get offended or upset over it . most of the girls LOVE their pledge names . but we do not have official class names , except for inside jokes among the sorority . my class , Alpha Sigma <3, are called the Famous 5 amongst sisters because the day after we crossed , we had a post about us on juicycampus . and I again don't think it stagnates group unity because its a little something shared between you and your sisters .

Last edited by asdCallay; 03-25-2009 at 01:26 PM.