Thread: D&R Random
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthMode View Post
ETA: Two of my non-Christian friends are living together and have been together for just over 3 years--still waiting for marriage. I don't understand how they (don't) do it. At all. They sleep together and even shower together but still hold out. I'm not sure what confuses me more--why they would be naked around each other when they are trying not to have sex or how they refrain from having sex when they're constantly naked around each other.
Nothing against people who prefer to save themselves for marriage. I can respect that. But, I can't get past what you posted here about your friends. I think what a lot of Christians do is they try to follow what the Bible says by not having sex, but at the same time, they do other things that are totally against what the Bible teaches. If they're living together, sleeping in the same bed, have seen each other naked, and shower together, then why not just have sex. They're already doing everything that the Bible teaches against.

I remember when I was at Vanderbilt, my ex was one of those Christians who was trying to save herself for marriage. Funny thing is she would do everything else under the sun. I guess what I'm saying, if they're going to save themselves for marriage, then why not follow the other rules the Bible teaches?

Last edited by Phrozen Sands; 03-14-2013 at 06:57 PM.