Thread: Badge Trends?
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

We have the option of badges with 3 pearls, or one with 22 pearls, or with all pearls but 1, 2, or 3 diamonds, or all diamonds. We can also get them in white gold, as well as yellow gold. One of the coolest options, in my opinion, is the "vintage" badges. These only come in all pearl or above configurations, and are slightly bigger than the others. The differences are minute, but noticeable up close.

My badge is the basic: 3 pearls in yellow gold. Most girls in my chapter have yellow gold badges. The main reason for this, in my opinion, is our new member pin. We're allowed to wear both our new member pin and our badge together, and there is no option for a white gold new member pin. Most of the girls of our chapters want their pins to match!

Most of our girls also work for their dues, so the basic design (3 pearl) is a lot more common than then embellished ones. A few girls in my chapter have rescued badges off of Ebay that they wear- these tend to be the embellished ones. I also know that many of us hope to "upgrade" our badges someday.

In our chapter, we also have a "president's badge" that is passed down to each chapter president. It's bigger than our traditional badges, and it's jeweled (with what, I'm not exactly sure- but it's not just pearls or diamonds!). It's simply beautiful.

"Together, Let Us Seek the Heights"

I <3 My KΣ