View Single Post
Old 09-03-2003, 03:30 AM
GreekChat Member

That is a very interesting question. When I was in school, at my university it was considered insulting if a chapter didn't make quota, almost as if that chapter had a lesser status. That was the perception, at any rate. Conversely, I would hear of other schools, only a few hours drive away where chapters who consistently ranked #1 in academics, athletics, leadership, campus participation and visibility who declined to make quota due to what they perceived as the "caliber of woman" rushing in formal recruitment.

I cannot speak for all sororities, but for Alpha Delta Pi, internationally, it is stressed that to meet Panhellenic quota/total is a very desirable, important and necessary chapter goal. If a chapter does not meet this goal in formal recruitment, it is their task to COR through the school year to get up to total, and the international officers and local alumnae will work with them to achieve this goal. I have heard of other Alpha Delta Pi chapters not pledging quota by choice, but I don't know if this was just rumor (this is when I was a collegian.) I am curious if other NPC's have a similiar policy to ADPi, and what up and coming locals or recently established locals' policies are regarding quota.