Thread: "Frat Boys"
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2003, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

The unfortunate thing with this program, is that it was not long enough for us Greeks and while did show Greeks in a better light than most, it did have some draw backs.

Brother Jono and I talked about it right after it was over. He did not care for the flash backs as much as I did as the only problem to me, it semi glossed over the past of Greeks and just gave a thumb nail sketch.

The showing of a patial hand shake was , well.

Even though it showed nothing really, LXA Clasp right hand to right hand!

I thought M M told a great story of what it ment to a young man who feels that it still means something to him.

K C well, once again, he is K C (Wyatt Earp). Did not think he needed to promote, I dont drink much and ended up face down!??

The part of drinking and hazing was not totally blown out of propotion as it usually is!

The idea of coming from a Greek Org. and being well recepted in the real world of big time, probably more true than not. Why, well, Greeks are better trained in social skill, have better grades, learn to run a psuedo business as a Member and an Officer.

That is why they are chosen over others not just a name.

The Room thing would have a Chapter of LXA sanctioned right now, along with making them do painting, and other chores.

I found it very intersing with the Foos family that the young man was torn between his very strong legacy and looking to another Fraternity such as JMOM's son did.

Over all, I would like to resee this again, as we all usually miss part of any program.

It is funny that all of the houses that were shown, were not from U. Ms.

As far as the Soroity thing, it did gloss over it but at least did mention them. Needs to do a thing on Soroitys and NPHC Orgs.

The NPHC was somewhat glossed over but for the most part, the NPHC Groups came later No disrepsect is intended. It did show some quick clips that I find that encourageing for both.

On A 1-10 scale, I would give it an 8+

Informative, and not degrading.

While I too wondered why they dropped so many pledges does this not happen to all of us?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please forgive the Ramblings

LX Z # 1
Alumni

Last edited by Tom Earp; 09-02-2003 at 04:35 PM.