View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 01:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Texas Recuitment Info

My daughter just went through the rush process so I will try to think of stuff while it is fresh.
Soroities are Big in Texas, like hair and the state. You will needs recs at the following school: Baylor, SMU, TCU, Texas Tech, NTSU, A&M. Your will need recs and additional letters of support for the Univ. of Texas. Being a legacy helps at some school, the private school and may not be necessary at other.
Each city in Texas (Dallas, Houston, Arlington, Ft. Worth, Austin, San Antonio, Waco, Midland, Katy, Sugarland, etc have Alumane panhellenic association. Many have web sites. FYI
Houston Meeting Saturday, February 23, 2008
10:00 AM and 12:00 noon
St Luke's Methodist Church
3471 Westheimer at Edloe
Sometime during the Spring of your senior year they will have a meeting. At the meeting they will give you names of individual sorority recuritment local person. This is an alumi of the sorority who coordinates the gathering of your hs transcript, photos (Face and standing) and sends it to the sorotiy. Each soroity has diffenent request. Some want two photos, etc. This person is very helpful and you should write her a thank you note when you are finished. Each school has different dates they need your information. It is in June for UT, Tech,etc. Later for Baylor and SMU as they don't have rush until Jan. So don't delay too long in getting pictures taken and your transcripts form your hs.
I would suggest that you get a rec for each sorority. My daughter found people to write them for her that were teachers, friends from church, family friends and her grandmother friends. People in one sorority could often recommend people in other sororities who where their friends who could write recs for you. You will need to make a resume to send to each of these people as well as a small picture of you. (wallet size) This being said my daughter had friends that pledged sororities at Tech, A&M, TCU, Baylor, SMU, NTSU and Texas. She had friends that joined sororities in AZ and none of this applied at all. It did apply to LSU. Best of luck just remember it takes time. In the end the payoff is great.