View Single Post
Old 09-08-2017, 09:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffins&Quills View Post
However, it's unfortunate that "I didn't feel a connection" is often an excuse for being a snob and a PNM thinking that she's above that house, and then proceeding to trash them because they're "bottom tier", as we've seen in a couple of threads here. So then, when a girl comes says that, and worse names names, and people give her sympathy and tell her to try again, meh.
Agree. And based on things I read here and see with girls going through rush, I think there is also something else afoot, at least for some PNM's: that they believe that they're SUPPOSED to have an instant connection and when they don't, they go into a tailspin. Especially if they know girls who do have that.

It's kinda like dating - sometimes we fall in love with a person over time, other people know pretty soon.

I don't recall this being as big an issue when I was in school, so I wonder if some of this is connected to living in a more instant gratification society. Maybe not, but given how fast people can get things these days (online shopping, dating - heck you don't even have to wait a week for a new TV episode, you can get it all at once online), I think that can influence one's mindset, especially when you're younger and have limited life experience. And there are girls for whom things have come easily so if this is the first time they've not gotten what they want, that can be a shocker.

Last edited by NYCMS; 09-08-2017 at 09:33 AM.