View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
It's because of what a "big deal" a group is in that area of the country. Put bluntly, the girls with stronger people skills tend to join certain groups in certain areas of the country.
I agree. I remember going through recruitment, as a second year. There was 1 house, XYZ, that I knew probably wasn't going to be a good fit for me, but they were great rushers. So I left Day 1 feeling like I did want to be an XYZ, and getting cut hurt, even though I knew it wasn't the house for me.

But yes, especially in the South, certain groups have dominance. It may vary by region but, everyone knows their name and those are the houses that the top rushees target.

However, it's unfortunate that "I didn't feel a connection" is often an excuse for being a snob and a PNM thinking that she's above that house, and then proceeding to trash them because they're "bottom tier", as we've seen in a couple of threads here. So then, when a girl comes says that, and worse names names, and people give her sympathy and tell her to try again, meh.