View Single Post
Old 08-31-2003, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile update

Woo, this is a really pivotal point for our interest group. In a few weeks, there's the new students' orientation fair where all student orgs have a table to meet prospective new members. Though we're not a ready-affiliated group the student union will look at allowing us to have a table there too! My deadline to submit to them a new student org. proposal is really soon. They want a constitution + our aims/objctives (that's the initial stuff they need to decide whether they're likely to give us recognition). That and at least 15 interested people (we have that too). It's a big hurdle for us. If they're happy with the proposal we get to be at the fair and get hopefully a nice list of names of people interested! Official recognition like assigning of a budget etc comes later but this is the big thing right now.
One of the major focuses for them is how we'll select members so we (our interest group) need to get that done for the submission; hence this thread.

It doesn't all depend upon one lil' orientation fair I suppose but in practice most of the people who're gonna "join" student groups be they clubs/societies or anything else like greek orgs, "join" them at this fair within their 1st few weeks of school. So if we can get a table at the fair it'll be cool. If not, our future is: uncertain.

Whether you're in an NPC, NIC, Professional Fraternity Assoc, NPHC, NALFO or, of course, local/regional group I'd love to hear from you whether active, alum or even if just a random interested party. Doubtless as members of a greek community overall most of us have thoughts on selection/procedures one way or another - those thoughts could really make a difference.

In unity,

decadence.

p.s. I seem to have commented in this thread a lot. Whoops. Ahem.