View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSKKG View Post
Maybe the sorority meant for you to ask an alumna to send in a recommendation letter. I have never seen any request like that either, so I think it just might have been worded incorrectly. I agree that not sending one is the way to go. Do secure as many recommendations as you can from alumnae of the various sororities (1 at least or 2 per sorority is sufficient).

College Panhellenics will say that recommendation letters are not required to go through recruitment. From their point of view, that is true. What they fail to mention is that most (if not all) NPC sororities require recommendations for membership (whether you secure the recommendations before recruitment or the chapter does during). A recommendation letter will not guarantee a bid. However, it can assist the chapters in learning more about you and can reinforce the members' impression of you during the short amount of time they get to talk to you during the parties.

Good luck during recruitment!
This is not true. Please do not speak anout the private membership selection criteria of NPC organizations other than your own.